Stayed the same. B-O-R-I-N-G. Not sure what I expected, since I've all but quit exercising and I eat whatever's left when my kids are done. On the bright side, I think I'm finally so depressed that I'm just not hungry. Normally, I'm just a little depressed, and I eat everything in sight. Silver linings, right?
This week was supposed to be VBS. I volunteered, I was working in the kitchen making snacks. That's the best way to do it, because you don't have to be in charge of those miserable little people, you don't have to discipline them or sing songs with them or any of that, but they all love you because you're the snack lady! Who DOESN'T love the lady feeding them goodies? (See all previous posts about how loved I feel while eating...) Anyway, I made it two days (TWO DAYS!!!) before they said Daisy and Warren can't hang out in the nursery anymore because of the sores on their faces.
Yes, I know it looks gross. Yes, first time moms are probably pretty squimish about that sort of thing, but they never had fevers or anything, and it's not bothering them at all. From what my trusty google advisors are telling me, EVERYONE gets hand foot and mouth, and it's NOT A BIG DEAL. It even says you don't have to stay home from daycare! AND, best part? DAISY AND WARREN ARE THE ONLY KIDS IN THE NURSERY!!! So even if they are wildly contagious and pose a threat to the entire nation of toddlers, there's no one else to spread it to!!!
But whatevs, right? What am I gonna do. So Ava and Scott get to still go, but big whoop. They get to go to school every day anyway. MAMA is the one who wanted to get out of the house and hang with some other adults for a week!!! I was so excited about this stupid thing, I bought a new shirt and everything. I don't think I've felt like such a loser since the ninth grade.
Hmm. I am apparently more upset about this than I realized as I am now crying. Stupid church. Wanna know what else ticks me off, as long as we're doing this now? They sing sitting down. How can you sing a song like Shout to the Lord WHILE YOU'RE SITTING DOWN?!?!? I stood up last week because it was just pissing me off, but then I was standing up all alone in a big church, and that pissed me off even more. It's weird! Stand up!!! AND they don't have a nursery for Bible study, but apparently (according to my mama) that's typical. Guess I was just spoiled by my old church in Virginia.
I hate it here. I'm thinking of changing my blog address to www.ihateguam.com or maybe www.guamsucksmonkeyballs.com What do you think? Think my mom would lose her mind?
So, here's a recap of the week. And it's not even halfway done yet.
1) I ate cold leftovers that my kids had already picked through and didn't exercise at all and was still mildly surprised when the scale didn't budge.
2) Cried when I looked it up and I've only lost sixteen pounds in the last TWENTY WEEKS. Cried harder when I went through old posts and realized that when Warren was six months old, I was down to 158 and had already lost THIRTY POUNDS. In case you're just dying to know, I'm 173 now. That would be ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY THREE POUNDS. Ugh. I feel gross even thinking about it.
3) Got fired from my VOLUNTEER job at VBS. That's as bad (WORSE) than getting fired on your day off for stealing boxes. What, you trying to build a clubhouse or something?
4) We're all sticking to the floor but instead of mopping, we've just decided to wear socks.
5) Daisy slept all night last night, which I love, but now she's screaming her head off and fighting her nap, which, to me, is just as bad. This mama needs naps. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather she (all of them) slept amazingly during the day, even at the expense of waking up at night.
6) I finally bought Game of Thrones and stayed up WAY past my bedtime reading it last night. HOORAY! Although, I'm a little nervous that it's going to be one of those books that's really really hard to read on the ereader, because I'm going to keep needing to flip back to keep all the characters straight. Ugh.
It's gotta go uphill from here, right? Although, that's what I said when I realized that Nick was going to end up being gone for more than five months, and look how that turned out.