First, I forgot to post this shot of Scott yesterday!! Mom fail. What's he doing? Glad you asked. During our hike to the Cliffs, he would randomly stop, take out his notebook, and jot down a few traveler's bullets. Such as "not really made of chalk" which isn't even true. He's so weird. But this shot pretty much NAILS his personality. Like, to the tee. Love that little weirdo.
Second, I'm all out of ideas. Again. I went to Ikea today like some sort of idiot and I was so excited because I was alone and I was going to wander and soak it all in and have a fantastic time...
Yeah. Strangers were touching me and I cried three times.
It was a NIGHTMARE.
So now my brain hurts and my anxiety is through the roof and I don't want to blog, I want to lay on the couch and watch Dexter.
So I'm gonna rip off yet another one of my favorite bloggers, Les Jours Contents. She's SO CUTE. I just started stalking her, so I'm not ENTIRELY clear on the backstory, but she and her boyfriend live in Russia and teach English. Pretty fricking rad, right?!?!
Anyway, this morning she answered a bunch of Proust questions (?? I'm no tired to even google what that means, so I just copied the link to what she linked to. That's gonna have to be good enough) and I'm gonna copy the ones she did and supply my own answers. And that's big because what I really want to do is just copy and paste her entire post because my brain hurts.
1. What is your greatest extravagance?
I guess my camera stuff? I love to spend money on camera stuff. And books. Do books count? I bet if Nick wanted to use some sort of Excel spreadsheet to narrow down exactly how I waste all of his money, books would come out on top. It's so easy to hit that 'buy with 1 click' button on Amazon and you figure 'well it's only 9.99, who cares?' but that shit adds up. But the camera stuff is more expensive, even though I buy less. Last time he went out to sea (last fall, it's been a YEAR!!!) I spent a small (not so small) fortune on florabella actions. Which I love. So camera stuff or books. You decide.
2. Which word or phrase do you most overuse?
Oh, gosh, I don't think I can narrow it down to one. I abuse like, lame, and the phrase 'I'm sorry, WHAT?' waaaaaay more than I should. I'd say that the most common word in my entire vocabulary though would probably be shit. I just love the s word.
3. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what do you think it would be?
How are you supposed to answer that? I'd want to come back as someone near to someone I obsess about. Could I come in as Stephen King's neighbor or close friend? Or like, a lady in waiting to Queen Elizabeth? The Cate Blanchette version, not the current Queen Elizabeth. I don't know that they have ladies in waiting anymore. Oh, or like someone on Christopher Columbus' boats? That might be cool. OH! I'd want to come back as a lab assistant for Jenner when he was figuring out the smallpox vaccine!!! That would be so fucking cool!!! That's my pick, lab assistant to Jenner. Or SK's friend.
4. What is your most treasured possession?She lead off into 'what would you save if your house was on fire' and I think I'll take that easy way out too. My most valuable (monetary and sentimental value) possessions are always on my person, my engagement ring, my anniversary band, and my diamond studs, so I wouldn't have to worry about those. And Nick would take care of getting all the kids. And now, thanks to Holly, I'd have to spend precious minutes getting dressed because she made me feel all self conscious that the firemen would think I'm a weirdo because I sleep naked. So after I threw on some clothes, the thing I would dive for would have to be the rubbermaid tub under my bed with all my stories in it. It's such a bunch of lame crapola, but I feel like if the house caught on fire and that tub melted and those papers turned to ash, I don't think I could recover. Those stories are sooooooo important to me! I'd be absolutely one hundred percent not even exaggerating a tiny bit DEVASTATED to lose them.
And hopefully I'd have time to grab my beloved Mac Mac. And my vitamix.
5. Which talent would you most like to have?
Easy, music. Either being able to sing, or even better, being able to play an instrument. I'd settle for piano, but I'd rather something strings-ish, like a violin or best, a cello. That's what I want more than anything else in the entire world.
Just not enough to take lessons. I want it to be one of those natural prodigy things.
6. What is your motto?
Err, I don't really have a motto. Can I use a Bible verse? 'Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.'
I wish that was my motto. I try to make that my motto. It sounds so much nicer than "fuck that dude" which is probably more accurate as my motto. Or 'please don't touch me' that's a good one for me.
So there you go. That's all I've got. Hopefully with all three bigs in school I can type something up that might be a little more meaningful or at least helpful.