Can I just start with this random collage of baddassery? I mean, doesn't she look like one of those fashion bloggers, with the shoes and the clutch? I mean, sure it's a bag of pretzels, but still. She just needs to cock her foot behind her leg and look down and she'll NAIL IT.
Anyway. I'm hooking up with Moxie Wife again for Five Favorites.
1. This show. Oh, this show.
I don't know how we missed this show the first time around. I mean, hello. I was president of the X Files and Lost fan clubs. This show (so far) is basically a mix of those two amazing shows. I don't get it. (I don't get how we missed it, not that I don't get the show. Well I don't get the show, but you're sort of not supposed to, right?)
I noticed it came up on netflix (netflix uk is different, not sure if ya'll have it) so I gave it a whirl and MAN. Loved it. So I got Nick to watch the next one with me.
A little back story, we were out of shows because I went on a Sons of Anarchy strike when Jax agreed to be in Fifty Shades. I just...no. Ew. Doesn't he have a soul? So we got into Fringe, and then he dropped out. So now I have to decide if I can forgive him and go back to Sons, but not until we're done with Fringe because wow. Fringe is the best show ever.
There. I said it. Better than the X Files, and, so far...better than Lost.
We just finished season two. I love the crime drama aspect, I love the X Files cases, I love the interactions between Walter and Astrid, Walter and Olivia, Olivia and Broyles, and Walter and Peter. Ohhhhhhh, Walter and Peter.
I cannot BELIEVE that's Pacey. I just can't. He's so good as Peter!!!
My heart breaks almost every SINGLE episode. Peter and Walter. I guess that's the main reason I'm so hooked. No one is black or white.
"The world isn't divided into nice people and Death Eaters." But in fiction, it usually is. It's rare to find a story (for me) where I'm truly torn straight down the middle. Walter did this awful thing...but for a noble enough reason. Peter has every right to be so angry...but Walter is so obviously deeply regretful. Ugh. IT'S SO GOOD!!!
I need to stop. I could type PAGES on this show, and I'm sure I will. But I'll wait till we finish it.
Next up: My vitamix. I've had it for what, three years now? Two? I think three. I think we got it when Daisy was born. I use it every day. Occasionally I skip weekends, but on average, yeah. Every day. I know it's a lot for a blender, but the reason so many people are willing to shell out is because it works. It's just magical. I mean, I use these big blocks of frozen spinach, right? Please don't lecture me about frozen food, you wanna know how many nutrients your bag of raw organic spinach loses every time you open the fridge? Frozen is fine.
Anyway, I toss a block of spinach, two prunes, a few frozen strawberries, a carrot, a tangerine, and my protein shake and this sucker LIQUIFIES it all in like two minutes flat. If that. Yes, it's loud. Yes, I'm probably going to ruin it by running it off the transformer. But I can't live without it.
2. Speaking of smoothies, I like to add a dash of this coffee syrup to the mix every now and then. Ya'll know I'm new to drinking coffee, but I never knew these things were out there!! Sugar free, fat free, chemical full...so good. And yeah, the chemicals can't be good, but since it cuts my morning coffee from two hundred calories (I use a LOT of creamer) to like twelve...I'll take the risk. We went to the base last weekend and I bough twenty five bottles.
Literally. Twenty five. I wish they'd had the holiday ones, pumpkin and peppermint and chocolate...yum.
When my friend moved here from the States a few weeks ago, she brought me a giant bottle of the salted caramel that's TO DIE FOR and a bottle of actual pumpkin syrup that I'm trying to ration out, but yeah. This stuff definitely makes my top five of the week, you know?
3. Our neighborhood. We REALLY lucked out here. Someone had the Crazies from the flight and being in the hotel for two days, so we literally rented the very first house we saw, no thought to neighborhood or location or anything except GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF THIS HOTEL.
So we took it, and it's awesome and huge and we love it. But across the street is this park forest woods thing that REALLY rocks. We hardly ever take advantage of it because we're lame like that, but I read this post about getting outside every day so we're trying that, so me and Daisy grabbed some boots and headed out there this morning.
It's just so rad.
4. This recipe for paleo granola. I should have taken a picture to make it more interesting, but I was too busy shovelling it into my face hole to stop and snap one. It's nuts, shredded coconut, honey, and some coconut oil (these paleo gals sure are WILD for coconut oil, amiright?) and cinnamon. It's eight million calories per spoonful, but after you eat one spoonful you're so full you don't care. And it's SO GOOD.
5. The fact that we've finally picked a destination for the Christmas break.
So there's my five. Ya'll liking anything particularly snazzy this week that I should know about?